What is a water school?
At water schools students have access to fresh tab water all day, which they can drink throughout the school day. They do not supply the children with sweetened drinks and it is not permitted to bring sweetened drinks to school. The students receive bottles, glasses and cups, which they can use to, get fresh tab water at any time. The teachers have the function of a role model and only drink water during classes. Through drinking rituals, casual reminders etc. the students are supported in drinking water.
In water schools:
- Students drink tab water (morning, midday, afternoon).
- It is possible to access fresh tab water at all time. The students receive bottles, glasses and cups.
- No sweetened drinks are supplied by the school or brought from home.
- Educators drink water during lessons (role model).
- The students are urged to drink enough (rituals, reminders).