What is a Waterschool?
The importance of drinking water in schools is well known. Waterschools encourage and allow water drinking during lessons:
- pupils/students drink tap water at school
- there is access to fresh tap water in schools
- students are provided with refillable bottles, glasses or cups
- no sweetened drinks are sold at school nor brought from home
- teachers drink water in the classroom (to be a role model).
- pupils are instructed to drink enough
Support and guidance is important when changing water drinking habits.